ISSN 1732-1220, e-ISSN 2451-1498
MEiN scores: 40
Open Access Policy
All articles available under Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
Beyond Philology is an international journal of linguistics, literary studies and language acquisition. We publish articles, reviews, reports and interviews. The language of the journal is English. Papers are placed in the following sections:
The papers in the Linguistics section concern the English language as well as Polish, the Celtic languages and others. Papers in the Literary Studies section concentrate on prose, poetry and drama of authors representing different English-speaking countries. The Language Acquisition section contains papers on teaching and learning foreign languages, mainly English. Beyond Philology publishes papers not only in the field of English Studies. The contributors include experienced scholars as well as doctoral students.
1. Ghostwriting refers to a situation where a person who made a significant contribution to an uprising the text is not given as one of the authors or is not mentioned in the acknowledgments (with the specification of the contribution).
2. Guest authorship (honorary authorship) refers to a situation where a person's participation in the creation of the text is negligible or none, and this person was given as its author or co-author.
3. To counteract ghostwriting and guest authorship, the editorial office of Beyond Philology asks people submitting the text for publication in "Beyond Philology" for a statement that they are his only ones authors.
4. In the case of texts prepared by two or more authors, each of them is asked to give their contribution to the creation of the text (whose concept is: assumptions, methods, data collection, individual parts of the text, etc.).
5. The main responsibility for providing true information lies with the author submitting the text to printing.
6. Ghostwriting and guest authorship are manifestations of scientific misconduct. Detected cases will be exposed. The institutions (e.g. scientific associations) employing these authors will be notified at short notice. 7. The editors of Beyond Philology will document any manifestations of scientific dishonesty, especially the violation and breach in currently in force science ethics.